"Our eyes and
hands and feet will give us the same assistance in doing mischief as in doing good; but it would not therefore be
better for the world, that all mankind were blind and lame. Arms
are not to be laid aside by honest men, because carried by assassins and
ruffians; they are to be used the rather for this very reason."
-George Campbell (1719-1796)
- Let me tell you a bit about myself... I am a Production Engineer for Boeing, currently working on
rotorcraft at the Philadelphia facility after a stint making airframes for the Apache "D"
model. I like to shoot and am a 2nd Amendment activist. I
play golf (one of only two things a man can enjoy without
being any good at) and enjoy street and strip muscle cars
and drag racing in general.
Here are a couple of Excel spreadsheets I put together. I hope you will find
them as handy as I do.
- Reloading Cost Calculator
- Enter component costs and quantities and the calculator spits out cost
each, per box of 20, per box of 50 and per 1000. It also gives loads per
pound for your powder charge.
- Chrony Calculator
- Enter bullet speed for your latest load and the calculator will provide
high, low and average speeds, extreme spread and standard deviation.
Handles strings from 2 to 20 shots.
- Front Sight Height Calculator
- Enter sight radius, sight in distance and the difference of point of aim
and point of impact and the calculator will compute the required change in
front sight height to get you in the black.
- National Rifle
- The NRA is simply THE organization fighting for gun owners rights and
the Second Amendment. If you own a firearm... or think that someday you
might want to, you need to join
- The PSA Shootout
- 6 stages of 25-30 falling steel targets. Shoot 'em till they drop. An annual
event hosted by the Palmyra Sportsmen's Association, the PSA is too much
fun not to attend. Shooters talents will range from Nationally Ranked to
just plain rank. Come on out and give it a try.
- The PA Steel League
- Steel plate shooting is a hoot! This is a drag racing event. At the
buzzer tone draw and shoot 5 steel plates. The shooters are all friendly
and helpful. A beginner will find plenty of folks to help them fit right
in. Bang and clang!
- Dedicated to the black rifle, this web site has the
information you want, or a handy link to it. Check out
forums for interaction with like minded individuals
- Cast Boolits
- Casting and shooting your own projectiles adds another twist to your
shooting hobby. This is the best cast bullet site on the net. Lots of
knowledgeable folks more than willing to share with the new guy.
- Golf Online
- My favorite online golf magazine.
His Bigness invites your personal
Last revised: December 23, 2006.